If you want to be on the top of success, you need to keep up with the times. After all, what was the latest innovation yesterday, tomorrow may become old and useless. There are strong reasons why you should regularly redesign your website.
1. Your site does not want to move forward in the search engines and you have no visitors. It means that your website is outdated and the redesign with the revision of the thematic orientation and of the list of services provided are essential for the effective website to work.
2. The site contains some errors. For example, links are not working properly or pictures are not loading correctly. You need to redesign your links and graphics.
3. The site navigation is too confusing. Program modules are difficult to maintain. There are some problems with a database.
4. Some changes in company information have happened: a name, a logo or a corporate identity.
5. The site theme or a target audience have changed. The website design must consider the target audience preferences.
6. Finally, your website might be just morally outdated. The service life can’t be more than 4-5 years, because the computer technologies evolve extremely fast. The redesign will give a new life for this site!
So, what makes the website friendly for mobile devices? Google highlighting three points: a app design, a content, a downloading speed and makes the following demands to the site for marking it as adapted for mobile app development:
1. The website must not use the software, which is not usually found on mobile devices. For example, a flash-content.
2. The website text content must be readable without using zoom. The minimum font size must be 12 and the font should be clear and understandable. If it is possible, minimize the use of images with text.
3. The information on the site should be provided so it is fully placed on the screen. It means, that you don’t need to use horizontal scrolling or zooming.
4. Links should have enough space, in order to don’t have problems with clicking on them. Google in this case advices to council at least 48 dp (pixels that don’t depend on the density) on the link and the minimum space between links should be 8 dp.
In addition to these four fundamental points, Google also advises to minimize pop-up windows, because they are irritating users. It is undesirable to use interstitial pages. Instead of them, you should post the fast loading button, as well as all sorts of clearly labeled buttons. For example, bread crumbs and short category names. All this will make the site navigation very convenient and simple.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9464087