The Apple iPhone is popular among users for its fast and efficient performance with an intuitive user interface. The iPhone apps extend the capabilities of iPhone, serving multiple purposes. Numerous iPhone applications are available in the App Store, catering to different needs of users as well as businesses. With the increased use of iPhones, the demand of their apps is also rising. Companies look for skilled and efficient iPhone application developers, who have the expertise and in-depth knowledge of the platform, tools, and development process.
We have listed the eleven essential things that every developer should be aware of, for building iPhone applications.
- A developer should have the knowledge and proficiency in Objective-C, which is the programming language, used in developing iPhone apps. They should also have the competence in working with Swift, the latest programming language introduced to replace Objective-C.
- It is important for the developers building apps to have the knowledge of Xcode, which is Apple’s own Integrated Development Environment (IDE). They should have expertise in Cocoa Touch, Apple’s UI framework along with good working knowledge of UIKit. Knowing the latest iOS SDK is equally important to develop native iOS apps.
- A developer should have good knowledge of iOS frameworks, providing interfaces and acting as building blocks for building iPhone apps. Some of them include Cloud Kit, Core Data, Core Graphics, Web Kit and more.
- It is a good practice for app developers to write clean code. Sometimes they may require referring or going back to the old code, which makes it important for them to write reusable code. They can even write notes or comments for future references.
- Developers should know how to use source control. It helps in keeping a track of versions and modifications made in the code. It also allows making checkpoint and can save developers from getting into trouble by helping them to get back to the working state of the iPhone app.
- The iPhone application developers should have knowledge and expertise in adding third-party libraries and working with APIs.
- It is also important for a developer to have working knowledge of Interface Builder, which is a part of Xcode that simplifies the designing of UI without any requirement of coding.
- Along with the proficiency in various tools and technologies, an app developer should also have an understanding of the design aspect to deliver an amazing UI & UX experience. An iPhone app should have intuitive and interactive interface. HTML5 knowledge can help developers to create user-friendly and sophisticated apps.
- A developer must have the knowledge of developing apps on earlier versions of iPhone as well, to resolve compatibility issues and ensure success.
- An Innovative approach is very important for the developers to create successful apps. They should continuously brainstorm to create diverse and out-of-the-box iPhone applications.
- It is essential for all the developers to have thorough understanding of the Apple Guidelines for acceptance and approval of the apps in the App Store. Otherwise, Apple can reject the app, thus leading to the failure of the efforts put in the development.
The above list throws light on the fundamental aspects that developers should know before getting into the development. The iPhone app developers with the knowledge of all the listed essentials have an increased chance of success in building robust and innovative apps. Understanding the requirements of the users and creating apps on that basis will also give positive results to the developers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8985788