Because of the rapid pace of change that characterizes the world of information technology, employment in this sector remains highly competitive. The most successful IT workers stay on top of the latest trends and technologies. Ongoing learning and training is a key to successful information technology careers.
Certain skills are in high demand among tech workers in 2016. These skills are necessary for performing the complex and integrative work which characterizes computer programming and website development.
5 Hot Tech Skills Employers Need
If you are an IT worker looking to improve your skill set and make yourself more marketable and competitive in the workplace, there are a few things you should know. Check out these 5 technology skills that are in high demand in 2016.
1. Programmers/Developers: The demand for this skill set is not new, but programming skills are in high demand for companies across the U.S. Some companies end up seeking offshore software developers due to the difficulty finding people with this skillset in the U.S., especially in certain regions of the country.
2. IT Security Professionals: Sadly, there seems to be a never-ending pool of people who use their tech skills to do wrong by hacking into websites and databases. With the ongoing challenge of IT security, the high demand for security professionals continues. This type of position requires excellent communication skills, personal integrity and organizational behavior. Along with those skills, a person in this position should be knowledgeable about security issues and up-to-date with the current events regarding security breaches. This job is in high demand because of the growing number of people using the internet wrongfully.
3. Mobile Engineers: On demand technology is now more the norm than the exception. And given this, mobile app engineering is more important than ever. Many different types of businesses need people with mobile engineering skills. And it is anticipated that demand for mobile engineers will continue through 2016 and beyond.
4. Project Manager: It takes a certain individual to fill this position. A project manager is important for any IT position because this person is responsible for organizing and maintaining structure, and ultimately making sure that a project gets completed. Experienced project managers often require many years of experience and certification. So for those just starting out, don’t be discouraged by the road to success. Keep building your leadership and project management skills and working hard, because this skillset will never be phased out. No matter what year it is, as long as there is a need for IT professionals, there will be a need for project managers.
5. Data Scientists: After all of the programming, coding and development has been implemented, now what? Just because websites get published, doesn’t mean the work stops. Websites collect and store an incredible amount of information that needs to be reported and analyzed. And this is the job of a data scientist. Many industries are in need of people who can organize and interpret information that websites collect. The demand for data scientists is expected to only increase in the years ahead.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9374172